CIC letterhead


Home Available for Sale Samples of Our Sales About Us Contact BayCrest District Map Open Homes


2701 Larkin Street #202
(Northwest Corner of Chestnut Street)

3 Bedrooms 2.5 Baths
1 Car Parking
Light and Bright East and North Outlook!

PRINT statement

This newly created 1,405 square foot east end unit basks in light from its south, east and north windows that provide a peek-a-boo view of the Bay. It boasts 100% new top-of-the-line fixtures, finishes, Therdor kitchen appliances, in-unit washer/dryer hook-ups and its own forced air gas furnace. All cabinets, counters and surfaces from ceilings down to new hardwood floors are 100% new.

The five year total renovation of this classic 1914 Russian Hill structure has produced these 13 all new residential units (with parking in the building's newly created underground garage), blending 100% up-to-date second decade of the 21st century living within the building's traditionally styled common area environment at the top of San Francisco's most coveted Russian Hill residential neighborhood.

The five-year total renovation of this classic 1914 Russian Hill landmark has produced 13 all new luxury residential units (with parking in the building's newly created underground garage). Located at the top of San Francisco's most coveted Russian Hill residential neighborhood the building blends 100% up-to-date second decade of the 21st century amenity living within its traditionally styled common area environment.

Building structural improvements include all new Marvin double paned windows, new skin, new roofs, new foundations and all new utility systems.

The Building

Russian Hill Crest was originally designed and built in 1914 as a three-story structure on the east end of the north west corner of Larkin and Chestnut streets. It was expanded shortly thereafter, tiered down the hill to the west, to become a 13-apartment seven-story building (on the west end) with ten units entering from Larkin Street and 3 units having individual entrances on Chestnut Street. Five levels have Golden Gate Bridge views.

Its recent total structural renovation has included a new foundation system adding a new 13-car garage with Klaus German parking systems. Concrete piers were drilled to anchor the building into Russian Hill's rock substructure.

All building mechanical systems, plumbing and electrical, have been replaced from the street to each unit including an all-new fire protection and unit annunciation system. All unit windows have been replaced with double paned Marvin systems many hand crafted to match the original formats. All units have individual forced air, gas furnaces and washer dryer hook-ups.

A new building "skin," new roofs and skylights complete this meticulous reconstruction.

About the Architect
Benjamin Greer McDougall

McDougall Bros. was an architectural firm consisting of Charles C. McDougall (1857-1930), Benjamin G. McDougall (1865-1937) and George B. McDougall (1868-1957). Their father, Barnett McDougall (1825-1905), came to California in 1856. He was a pioneer builder/architect with offices in San Diego and San Francisco.

Benjamin studied at the California School of Design and began work in his father's office. During the mid-1890s the brothers had offices in San Francisco and Bakersfield. After the 1906 earthquake Benjamin struck out on his own and built an influential private practice in San Francisco and the East Bay, designing among other significant public buildings the Oakland Federal Building in 1913. In that year his brother George was appointed California State Architect.

In 1912 Benjamin designed perhaps his most significant commercial structure the 14 story Standard Oil Headquarters at 115 Sansome Street in the monumental Beaux Arts style. The building is featured in the architectural publication Splendid Survivors and described as "one of the most sumptuous office buildings ever built in the area."

Immediately thereafter Benjamin was selected to design 2701 Larkin Street for Dr. Clark Burnham of Berkeley who had earlier purchased this pre-eminent Russian Hill site for his San Francisco residence. The building permit application was submitted in October 1914. The existing West Penthouse vaulted wood coffered ceiling dates to that period.

For showings call Floyd Turnquist (415) 474-5000 Ext. 1 or
email | DRE #00637592

living room living room

master bedroom

master bathmarble bath

second bath second bath

third bedroom or office